|Released||September 29, 2009|
|Recorded||Winter 2008–2009(Bombshelter Studios and "The Danger Zone", Los Angeles)|
|Genre||Melodic death metal|
|Produced by||Ulrich Wild, Brendon Small|
|Previous album||The Dethalbum|
|Next album||Dethalbum III|
The Dethalbum II is the second real-life album by Dethklok.
The Dethalbum II is a collection of ten songs from the second season of Metalocalypse, as well as two new ones: "The Cyborg Slayers" and "Murmaider II: The Water God". It was released on September 29, 2009 by Williams Street Records, roughly a month before the premiere of Season 3.
The album is known for being more serious and less comedic than its predecessor, The Dethalbum, although some of the tracks retain a bit of humor, such as "Burn the Earth". It is also known for Brendon Small taking on a new approach of vocals for fictional singer Nathan Explosion, featuring a more screamed style of vocals similar to that of Children of Bodom, as well as the bass and keyboards being more prominent in the songs.
The Dethalbum II is the highest-charting death metal album of all time, beating a record previously held by the Dethalbum. The Dethalbum II charted at #15 on the Billboard 200, while the Dethalbum charted at #21.
The Dethalbum II was released in two formats: a regular version featuring only music, and a deluxe edition which contained a DVD of the video footage used by Dethklok (as in the touring band) during live performances, as well as a hidden track (Fansong). Due to a marketing error, two bonus tracks were originally promised on the deluxe edition, however, Brendon Small proved this to be false in an interview.
Track listing Edit
- "The Gears"
- "Burn the Earth"
- "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence"
- "Black Fire Upon Us"
- "The Cyborg Slayers"
- "I Tamper With the Evidence at the Murder Site of Odin"
- "Murmaider II: The Water God"
- "Comet Song"
- Nathan Explosion – vocals, lyricist
- Pickles the Drummer – drums, backup vocals
- Skwisgaar Skwigelf – lead guitar, rhythm guitar, keyboards
- Toki Wartooth – rhythm guitar
- William Murderface – bass guitar
- Produced by Dethklok and Dick "Magic Ears" Knubbler
- All legal byCharles Offdensen
- All songs recorded at Dethklok Studios in Mordhaus except "Murmaider II: The Water God" recorded in a nuclear sub in the Mariana Trench.
- Gene Hoglan – drums
- Brendon Small – all guitars, all keyboards, all vocals, and all bass except "The Gears"
- Bryan Beller – bass on "The Gears"
- Produced by Brendon Small and Ulrich Wild
- Engineered by Ulrich Wild
- Assistant engineered by Mike Gerlach
- Mixed by Ulrich Wild at "Noize in the Attic"
- Assisted by Raidar
- Mastered by Dave Collins Mastering Los Angeles, CA
- Album cover art by Antonio Canobbio